Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Hub: business model of the future for books and libraries?

After reading this little article and the others I have came across, I feel this one stuck with me. It goes on to mention that Libraries are /should /could be a hub for information seekers. I almost thought that it sounded interesting when stated like that, a "hub", because the way society is turning to modernization. Thinking of my Library going through a renovation and having 3 branches I feel it sounds very appealing to innovate that idea into at least one ,afterall there are 3, and why not design one to an idea "hub" for the patrons seeking that type of environment for pleasure or just to escape beyond the ordinary. Then on the other hand it is the posts that I read at the bottom of that article that turned me away a bit. The woman said she rather be dead before a library turns into a "Hub" spot. Considering her generation age plays a factor of her thought , It is the furture we are talking about and if books are on screens and libraries are interacting with others and we still want the libraies to get use, we should be incorporating whatever it is our community wants to keep getting its access to information. If we had 3 branches, not all need to be a "Hub", but why not 1?

1 comment:

  1. http://www.teleread.com/library/the-hub-business-model-of-the-future-for-books-and-libraries/

    This is the website I found this article at.

    ReplyDelete