Sunday, October 24, 2010

Developing Motivating Messages

Hi Everyone,

I took the “Developing Motivating Messages” on web junction. This class is geared to helping people improve their communication skills. Whenever you meet with a person or a group of people take the time to learn a little background prior to your meeting or program. This may include demographics, group history and how much your group already knows about the topic you wish to discuss. They gave helpful tips on presenting your message including: keep it brief, avoid using jargon and don’t forget to let the audience know “what’s it in for them!” And lastly, don’t forget to practice your presentation several times so that you can effectively get your message across.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like it could be helpful. I talk to people all the time, but since being back to school I know that speaking in front of people is much different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Learning about your audience beforehand sounds like a helpful tip that is often overlooked by speakers (including myself). It sounds like something I should incorporate into my own speeches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is definitely a course that I have to take. It is very hard for me to talk in front of people. I like the helpful tips you mentioned. I may use them in my presentation next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's natural to be nervous when speaking in a group, especially when you speak on someone elses behalf, such as when you are the front line for your company or organization. It's worrisome to feel like you must say the right thing. This might be a class for me!

    ReplyDelete