Sunday, October 24, 2010

Dealing with Angry Patrons

Hi everyone,


I took the Dealing with Angry patrons course on web junction. As in the Description says no one enjoys dealing with angry patrons. This course went over the varies patrons angry patrons that you may encounter, the types of patrons, how to identify them. It is created to help find the most effective way to deal with the angry patrons. The course goes over understanding patrons feelings and then over helping deal with the patrons problem. This course can be used by anyone at a library no matter what desk they work at. I found this course very informative and would recommend it to my co-workers.

5 comments:

  1. Heather:

    The information learned from this course can be used not only with angry patrons but in many other circumstances as well. I don't think that there can be enough taught regarding working with and understanding the feelings of people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took this course as well for work, and I found it to be helpful in dealing with angry patrons. One of the things that I remember is that you always need to make the patron feel like their side is important, and sometimes that is all that is needed for the patron to control their anger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've worked in retail for a very long time, and one of the first things that is impressed upon you is to understand what the customer is feeling and how to help them get what they want, if it is at all possible. This course seems like a helpful tool in codifying this skill, and an essential one for library workers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a good course to take. No matter what occupation you have you will encounter an angry patron every now and then. Knowing how to difuse the situation will make for a happy outcome for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like I might need to add this to my course list :) I have worked in both retail and corporate environments where my job is to make sure everyone gets what they want. Obviously, anger over a real or imagined slight makes this task much, much harder. The more strategies one learns to deal with conflict, the better, in my opinion, because no matter what job you have, you will have to deal with interpersonal issues.

    ReplyDelete