Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Weeding the Collection

I took the Weeding Library Collection on Web junction. I have personally never been involved in a weeding project yet. This is one of the main reasons why I am looking forward to the Weeding project. I found much information that this class had very interesting. It will be very helpful for the weeding Project. It goes over the reasons why a Library needs to weed. Not just for Space but to also keep the collection looking nice. As well as helping patrons understand why libraries need to weed. This is a task that can sometimes be difficult or so I have heard. Another area that the class went over was working on a plan of when to weed/Policy. I found this class to be very useful.

2 comments:

  1. Several people have taken a weeding course on webjunction and said it was informative. I think it sounds like a good course to take before I do the weeding project. I don't work in a library and therefore have no weeding experience. Any information I can get will be beneficial to me when I do the project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did actually learn some info on this course, and felt like I had some issues and yet not so much issues regarding the weeding of titles. My issues were it was all relevent info but then it depends on the person doing the weeding. After I got to that part I didn't know what to think.Kinda made me wonder why that was, Then I realized that was the most important part of weeding...theerson doing it.... That should have been stated first. only because everyone is different and that is why most every library is different too RIGHT?

    ReplyDelete