Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Weeding the Library Collection


Like many of you already have, I decided to take the Weeding the Library Collection class. Although I was originally going to take Weeding: It’s Not an Option, I completely forgot that the LE@D classes take 2-3 days to receive the login information (SO inconvenient), so I opted for this class instead. Although I was still impressed and thought it was very informative. They give a lot of great tips on how to create a weeding plan for your library as well as how to maintain it. My favorite part was definitely all of the examples of different items people have weeded, particularly the recipe book for how to make play-dough out of asbestos! Crazy! Overall I thought this was a great class and I now feel well-prepared for our weeding project. :)

2 comments:

  1. I think most of us are gearing up for our weeding project and took this class! I agree that it was interesting an a great help to our general studies. I thought the importance of having a written plan and following up on all the steps throughout the project was stressed well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only hope that I can find a book as misleading as making play-dough out of asbestos when I do my weeding!

    ReplyDelete