Monday, October 4, 2010

Library Visit, Malta, IL

Hi all: Just wanted to post some pics of an adorable little library I found in a town of 1,000 people called Malta, IL (near DeKalb). In fact, the town was selling off a land parcel to help pay for a much needed library expansion. I was so tickled that such a small town had it's own public library (they are now part of PALS) that I had to stop and take pictures. The shelving units were handcrafted by a library patron and town member. It really is as adorable as it looks. The Director is Peggy Wogen, who graciously let me take the photos you see here. They have wi-fi, too!
Children's Section
Computers purchased through a technology grant






1 comment:

  1. Awww. I think it's really great that even small towns like that invest in a library. I wish some small towns around where I live would do the same.

    ReplyDelete